Congratulations! Now that you have your new Delta Base Camera please see the video and step-by-step instructions below for activating your camera.
Watch Our Video
Activate Camera & Select Your Plan
Log in to your Moultrie Mobile account through the app or at moultriemobile.com. Select Account> Activate Device and follow the on-screen instructions to choose your plan and activate your device.
Install Batteries, SD Card and Antenna
Power Camera On
Press and hold the ON/OFF button until LED lights illuminate (about 3 seconds). There will be a 15 second delay to allow time for you to format the SD Card (see next step). Then, your camera will connect to Moultrie Mobile and the LED lights will indicate camera status.
Format SD Card
Note: This will permanently erase all pictures on the SD Card.
During the 15 second delay after powering your camera on, press and hold the Format SD Card button until the SD Card LED light blinks yellow, then release. The SD Card light will turn green once the process is complete.
Important: You should see the light sequence begin after the 15 second delay and/or when formatting the SD Card is complete. The lights will indicate the camera's status and server connection. If you see any yellow or red lights, use the chart below to identify the status.
|LIGHTS||GREEN LED||YELLOW LED||RED LED|
|Signal||Good Signal||Weak Signal||No Signal (move cam)|
|SD Card||Good Card||Card Full/Locked||Bad Card/No Card|
Capture A Test Picture
Press and hold the Connect/Status button for at least 5 seconds The Status LED light will remain lit while the picture is being transmitted. Refresh your app or website to ensure your picture was uploaded.
Pro Tips & Troubleshooting:
- SD Cards will sometimes cause errors when they are old, corrupted, full of images, previously used by other cameras, too large, or specialized high-speed cards.
- Make sure that you are using a new 4GB-32GB class 10 SD Card. Do not use SDXC cards, Micro/Mini cards, Ultra Capacity or High-Speed cards.
- If the SD Card is compatible, formatting the SD Card will typically correct and prevent any SD Card errors.
If your camera does not connect to Moultrie Mobile, try the following:
- Formatting or replacing SD Card. See STEP 4 above.
- Moving camera to an area with better cellular coverage. This can be from just a few feet to another location entirely.
- Verifying battery level.
- Checking antenna for damage or proper attachment.
No Signal / Weak Signal
- Cellular providers often have 'roaming agreements' with towers they do not own and usually do not allow devices like cellular trail cameras to benefit from these agreements. Your phone also may be utilizing a 3G signal (even if it's a 4G phone). Your camera will not operate on 3G.
- If your signal is weak (yellow or red LED light), please relocate the camera to a place with stronger signal.
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.