Once you have created your Moultrie Mobile account, selected your desired plan and activated your modem, you are minutes away from receiving pictures. The next step is getting your modem to communicate with the network to begin transmitting pictures.
Provisioning Your MV2 or MA2 Modem
- Turn your camera to ON or CUSTOM START.
- Format your SD Card with the DELETE or ERASE ALL IMAGES function. Reference your camera's manual for instructions.
- Connect the camera and modem together with the supplied USB cable.
- Insert the modem's battery tray into the modem.
- Press and release the TEST button on the side of the modem.
- You will see the AWAKE light come on right away. After 30 seconds you will see the LEVEL lights come on the modem.
- When the LEVEL lights are illuminated on the modem you should see USB on the camera screen.
- When the lights go off on the modem, press the TEST button on the modem a second time.
- When the lights go off, press the TEST button a third time. After the third cycle the modem has received all the updates that it needs and you will see an active camera on your account.
You will need three bars of signal to provision the modem.
We recommend Moultrie or Energizer, Alkaline or Lithium, batteries. Lithium batteries are better for colder temperatures.
Always use a new SD card, and format your SD card prior to use by erasing all images from it in the camera’s menu.
If your SD card has been used in any other device, you will need to format it in your computer prior to use.
Always make sure to use Moultrie Mobile recommended SD Cards.
If your camera has the option to use a security code, you cannot use the security code while using the modem.
Make sure your camera has current firmware.
Watch Our Video
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.