If the Camera light on your modem is not illuminated, but you can see the Awake and Server lights, this means the modem is not recognizing the camera for one of four reasons:
- Security Code
- Camera Firmware
- USB Connection/Cable
- SD Card
If your camera has up-to-date firmware and no security code, try this first:
- Unplug the USB cable from the camera, then turn off the camera.
- Remove the battery tray from the modem for one minute, then reinsert.
- Turn on the camera to format the camera’s card (delete all or erase all images from camera settings)
- Plug the modem’s USB cable back into the camera.
- Press the CONNECT button on the side of the modem, allowing it to cycle through.
More Troubleshooting Tips
If your camera has a security code, change it to “00000” to turn it off.
Check here to confirm whether your camera model has the most current firmware.
Are either of your USB ports damaged? Incorrectly inserted? To reinsert, pull the rubber grommet away from the plug and reinsert the Micro plug into the camera in the correct direction.
If your SD card is corrupted, old, larger than 16GB or has been used with other devices, it needs reformatting. Otherwise, click here for more information on Moultrie Mobile recommended SD Cards.
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.