For optimal performance, Moultrie Mobile recommends using lithium batteries with your Edge camera. Through extensive in-house testing, Moultrie Mobile Cellular Cameras perform best when using Energizer Alkaline, or Energizer Lithium batteries. Enjoy as much as 12 months of battery life with your Edge Camera!
- Do not mix old and new batteries. Always replace ALL the batteries at the same time.
- Ensure that you are using either 8 or 16 batteries. If only using 8, all batteries should be on the same side of the battery tray.
- Do not mix different brands of batteries.
- Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Additional Battery Information:
- Due to the difference in design and their expected behavior, lithium batteries maintain a higher battery percentage for a longer period of time when compared to alkaline batteries, and will generally last longer than standard alkaline batteries.
- 12 months of battery life is based off the following:
- 16 AA Alkaline: 1.4 years of use when set to upload once per day for median user.
- 16 AA Lithium: 1 year of use when set to immediate upload for median user. 2.3 years when set to once per day upload. (Median user = 12 images per day)
Moultrie Mobile also has additional options to help you extend your camera’s field life. For more information about reliable external power sources that feature 12-volt rechargeable batteries, click the images below.
DUAL SOLAR BATTERY BOX
CAMERA POWER PANEL
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.