Moultrie Mobile is pleased to announce the release of our all-new Camera Sharing feature! Users who have at least 1 camera on an Unlimited or Pro-Series Plan will now be able to invite friends and family to view their gallery without providing access to their full account. Please continue reading for more information and some frequently asked questions.
HOW TO ACCESS CAMERA SHARING
1. The camera sharing feature requires app version 4.13.3 or later. To check your current app version, tap the Profile Icon to open your menu, then tap About.
2. If you have 4.13.3 or later, tap the Profile icon again, then tap Camera Sharing (Beta).
3. Tap Guests, then tap Add Guest and follow the prompts to begin sharing your cameras.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where is the Camera Sharing feature located?
The Camera Sharing feature is located in the profile menu.
- Do all Moultrie Mobile users have access to the Camera Sharing feature?
No. The feature is available to any user who has at least 1 Unlimited or Pro-Series subscription on their account.
- If I am invited as a guest, am I required to have a subscription?
No. Guests are not required to have an active subscription, but they are required to create a Moultrie Mobile account if they don't already have one.
- How do I create a Moultrie Mobile account?
Guests will need to download the Moultrie Mobile app from their phone's App Store and then follow the prompts to create an account. Once the account is created, the Owner will be able to invite the Guest.
- Is there a limit to the number of Guests I can invite?
No. There is no set number of shared galleries users can have.
- If I no longer wish to share my gallery, can I remove a Guest?
Yes. Both Owner and Guest can terminate the relationship at any time from the app.
- Can I tell how many Guests I have and how many have been shared with me?
Yes. Once you click Camera Sharing from your profile menu you can toggle between 2 options: Shared With Me and Guests. From here you can add and remove Guests or galleries shared with you.
- Are users notified when they are removed, or remove themselves, from Camera Sharing?
No. When terminating the Guest/Owner relationship, the users are not notified.
- What actions can my Guest perform from my gallery?
Guests can only view and save pictures or videos. They are not able to request Hi-Res pictures, request videos, delete pictures, update tags, edit settings, change plans, or forward an invite.
- If I have multiple cameras, can I select which ones my Guest can view pictures from?
Yes. If you have more than one camera, when inviting a guest you will be prompted to select which cameras you wish to share with them.
- If I cancel the plan on a camera that I am sharing the gallery of, will the sharing relationship automatically terminate once the plan cancels out?
Yes, the relationship will automatically terminate once the plan cancels out. If the camera gets reactivated later, a new invite will be required.
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.