Congratulations! Now that you have your new EDGE PRO camera, continue reading to learn what you will need to get started, or watch our short video below!
With your new EDGE PRO camera, gone are the days of searching for the best cellular service provider in your area! Your camera now has the ability to find and utilize the nations top carriers to transmit pictures. Don't worry – it doesn’t matter who your personal cellphone provider is.
Please be aware that some roaming agreements allow carriers to use towers they don’t own to provide coverage in rural areas. In these cases, connected devices – like cellular trail cameras – are not covered. This is why your phone may have a good signal in some rural areas, but your cellular camera may not.
While having good coverage is important, you’ve got to have a strong signal, too. Keep your camera clear of dense shrubs and trees, low-lying areas, and other natural obstructions that can block a signal to your camera.
3. Activate Camera & Select a Plan
Log in to your Moultrie Mobile account through the App or at moultriemobile.com. Tap the Profile Icon on the top left of your gallery page, then select Activate Device and follow the on-screen instructions to choose your plan and activate your camera.
4. Install Batteries
Once your camera is activated, install 8 or 16 Alkaline or Lithium batteries. Your new EDGE PRO camera is equipped with a double-sided battery tray. The camera will operate efficiently with 8 batteries, or you can enjoy extended battery life using 16. The battery tray will need one side, or both sides, completely filled. If you are only using 8 batteries, please ensure that all 8 are on ONE side of the battery tray.
- If using an external power source it is recommended to use internal batteries as backup.
- Do not mix old and new batteries. Always replace ALL the batteries at the same time.
- Do not mix different brands of batteries. We recommend Moultrie Alkaline, Energizer Alkaline, Energizer Lithium, or the EDGE Series Rechargeable Battery Pack.
- Do not use rechargeable batteries.
5. Turn Your Camera On
Switch your camera to the ON position. You will see the battery indicator light showing your current battery strength. Then, your camera will attempt to establish a connection and you will see the Connecting light flashing on your camera. Once established, the Connected status light will be illuminated briefly and then all lights will cycle off. Once the lights are off, your camera will be ready to take a picture. If you are seeing the red Not Connected status light, please ensure you have an active subscription and move locations to ensure you are in a good signal area.
6. Capture A Test Picture
Press and release the connect button. The status lights will illuminate while the camera connects to upload the picture. Once the lights cycle off, refresh your app or the website to ensure your picture was uploaded.
- Activation and connection should take 5 minutes or less.
- If a firmware update is available, it will happen automatically. The LEDs will flash and the camera will power itself off, and back on.
- If not connected, you may need to move your camera to a stronger signal area.
- All lights will turn off once the camera is on and the connection attempt is complete.
Watch Our Video
Do you still need more information? We’re here to help! Use the link below to Contact Us.