Battery life getting low too quickly? Below is information on our recommended batteries and other helpful hints to help you get the most out of your camera's battery life.
1. Use Moultrie Mobile recommended batteries:
- Through extensive testing we have found that lithium batteries typically perform better than standard alkaline batteries. By design, they function better in colder temps and tend to last longer than traditional alkaline batteries.
- If using standard alkaline batteries, we recommend energizer batteries as they have performed the best through our testing.
2. Use a Moultrie Mobile recommended SD Card:
- SD Cards are the life-blood of your camera. Not only do they allow your camera to store and upload pictures to your account, their design and specs are critical for your camera's performance and battery life.
Recommended SD Cards:
- 4GB-32GB (do not use over a 16GB card in the 6000 or 7000 series cameras)
- Class 10
- Recommended SD Cards:
- Format your SD Cards regularly. This can be done at the camera, or through your camera's settings. Each time your camera takes a picture, the camera will scan all the pictures on the card to determine what pictures need to be uploaded. The more pictures on your card, the more data the camera has to process on each connection which can adversely affect battery life.
3. Ensure your camera’s cellular signal is as strong as possible:
- Ensure your camera is in a good signal area. A weak signal can lead to excessive battery drain due to the length of time the camera has to stay connected in order to upload pictures.
- Since cellular signals aren't static, a few feet can help dramatically. When mounting your camera try a few different locations to get the best results.
4. Optimize your settings for better battery life:
- Upload Frequency: 3 or 6 hour uploads are the best for extending the life of your batteries.
- Detection Delay: 15 or 30 seconds is ideal while still ensuring you aren't missing the action!
- Moultrie Mobile has additional options to help you extend your camera’s field life. For more information about reliable external power sources please click the images below.
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.