The SD card is your wildlife connection. It communicates with Moultrie Mobile every day when your camera is turned on and has sufficient battery life and signal. If it has been more than 25 hours since your camera connected to the server it will need to be restarted, and your SD Card formatted or replaced in the event it has become corrupted. It is important to use a Moultrie Mobile recommended SD card for optimal performance.
RECOMMENDED SD CARDS
- 4GB, 8GB or 16GB
- SDHC, Class 10, U1
- 32GB (not for use in 6000 or 7000 series cameras)
- Example below:
NOT RECOMMENDED or COMPATIBLE
- Larger than 32GB
- U3 (High-speed cards)
- Micro/mini cards
- SDXC (Extended capacity)
Some images to look for and avoid:
HOW TO FORMAT YOUR SD CARD (X-Series, Delta, EXO and Delta Base)
Please note, formatting your SD Card will erase any pictures or videos that are stored on it. After successfully formatting your new and/or recommended SD card, your camera should connect and transmit photos. Here is how to do it:
- First, ensure your SD Card is not locked (the toggle on the side of the card).
- Insert the SD Card and turn your camera ON.
- Press and hold the Format SD button until the SD card light blinks yellow. Release the button.
- The SD card light turns solid green once formatted successfully.
- If the SD card light turns solid red, repeat the process or try a different SD card.
- If successful the connection sequence will begin with all four lights coming on.
- Allow roughly 60 seconds for the connection sequence to complete.
- Once fully connected, all four lights will turn green briefly and then cycle off.
- Your camera is now ready to take a photo.
- Each time a picture is taken, the battery light quickly flashes green and the cycle begins again.
After successfully formatting your new and/or recommended SD card, your camera should connect and transmit photos.
HOW TO FORMAT YOUR SD CARD (Trail Camera w/ Field Modem)
- Turn your camera to ON or CUSTOM START.
- Format your SD Card with the DELETE or ERASE ALL IMAGES function. Reference your camera's manual for instructions.
- Connect the camera and modem together with the supplied USB cable.
- Insert the modem's battery tray into the modem.
- Press and release the TEST button on the side of the modem.
- You will see the AWAKE light come on right away. After 30 seconds you will see the LEVEL lights come on the modem.
- When the LEVEL lights are illuminated on the modem you should see USB on the camera screen.
- When the lights go off on the modem, press the TEST button on the modem a second time.
- When the lights go off, press the TEST button a third time. After the third cycle the modem has received all the updates that it needs and you will see an active camera on your account.
After successfully formatting your new and/or recommended SD card, your camera and modem should connect and transmit photos.
HOW TO FORMAT THE SD CARD FROM THE APP
Please note, if your camera hasn't connected in more than 25 hours you will need to be with the camera in order to perform the formatting steps listed above for your device. If your camera IS checking in, please follow the steps below to format (erase) your SD Card remotely from the app:
- Go to your camera settings and toggle the Format SD Card switch to green. The next time your camera connects it will receive the instructions and format your SD Card. When completed it will toggle itself off.
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.