We are pleased to announce the release of the EDGE Series Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery! This exciting new accessory is designed to extend the battery life of your EDGE Series cellular trail camera, ensuring longer and more efficient operation. The battery pack offers exceptional power storage and efficiency, resulting in improved camera performance. With approximately 1,000 charge cycles, this battery pack is the equivalent of using about 16,500 alkaline AA batteries, allowing you to save money while reducing waste. Continue reading for some frequently asked questions, or watch our video below!
- What cameras will this work for?
The Rechargeable Pack is compatible with the EDGE and EDGE PRO cameras only.
- Does it work with other camera brands?
No, the Rechargeable Pack is only compatible with the EDGE series cameras from Moultrie Mobile.
USAGE AND CHARGING
- Can I use this battery straight from the packaging?
No, we recommend charging the battery first before placing it in the camera.
- How long does it take to charge/re-charge a depleted battery pack?
Charge time may vary based on the type of AC adapter, or brick, that you are using. You can expect a full charge after about 4-6 hours of charging, using a cell phone AC adapter or a fast-charging adapter. Charging the Rechargeable Pack using the AC adapter in your car will increase the charge time. We recommend plugging it into the wall for faster charging.
- I recharged my battery at the end of the season. Why is it not fully charged now at the beginning of this season?
Self-discharge is an occurrence in rechargeable batteries in which internal chemical reactions reduce the stored charge of the battery when not in use. Self-discharge decreases the shelf-life of batteries and causes them to have less than a full charge when initially put to use.
- Should I recharge my battery after a long period of no use?
Yes, we would recommend recharging your battery before use after extended periods of inactivity.
- How do I recharge my battery?
With the included USB-C Cable. USB charging block not included.
- Do I have to use Moultrie Mobile products to charge the battery?
We recommend using the included USB-C charging cable.
- How do I know when it is charging?
When power is applied the LEDs will light up for about 5 seconds indicating the current level of charge. Solid lights display the current power level, and flashing lights indicate charging.
- How do I know when it's fully charged?
All 4 LEDs on the battery pack will be solid when charging is complete.
- What temperature range will it work in?
As low as 14 degrees, or as high as 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Can I use this if my camera is connected to external power like a battery box or solar panel?
Yes, you can use the rechargeable battery pack and use external power at the same time.
- If I’m using external power, will the external power charge the rechargeable pack in the camera?
No, the camera will utilize whichever power source has the most power, internal or external, but your external power source will not charge the internal rechargeable battery pack.
BATTERY LIFE & POWER COMPARISON
- How long does it last when compared to standard alkaline and/or lithium batteries?
It typically lasts about 20-25% longer than 16 standard alkaline AAs, and about 30-35% shorter than 16 lithium AAs.
Watch Our Video
Still need more information? We’re here to help! Use the link below to Contact Us.