Your EDGE camera has some pretty unique features. Please continue reading below for more information about these features and some frequently asked questions.
UNDERSTANDING BUILT-IN MEMORY
Tired of fiddling with SD Cards? Not anymore! With your new EDGE camera, the memory for photos and videos is built into the camera so an SD Card is NOT required.
- Does the camera function better using built-in memory?
SD card quality and size can vary greatly and thereby affect your camera's performance. With built-in memory, you do not need to regularly reformat memory on or replace SD cards, saving you trips out to your camera!
- Will this save me time and money?
Yes. You no longer have to spend extra money buying a required SD card to use the camera. You also don’t need to research the right kind to buy and order/find one at a retail store. The camera is ready to go once you install the batteries.
UNDERSTANDING AUTO-CONNECT & SIGNAL STRENGTH
Your EDGE camera will work on multiple nationwide networks, meaning it will automatically connect to the available network with the strongest signal. Below are some common questions and answers to help you better understand Signal Strength and Auto-Connect Technology.
- Why does the camera’s signal level change when the camera has not moved?
EDGE cameras work on multiple nationwide networks. If the signal is inconsistent, or drops to an unacceptable level, the device will automatically connect to another network tower with the strongest signal.
- If I have low signal, does this mean I am missing out on potential activity?
No. EDGE will continue to capture and upload photos and videos, even when connectivity is low. Having low signal does not mean you’re missing pictures and videos. Your EDGE can upload photos with only a single bar of signal, so even when it’s mounted in a low-signal area, you can count on receiving your photos and videos to view them in the Moultrie Mobile app.
- What happens to my pictures if the camera loses connection, or the batteries died before they could upload?
If your camera is powered on, and completely loses connection, it will still continue to capture photos and videos. Any photos or videos will upload at the next connection.
If your batteries die before photos and videos could be uploaded, they will also be uploaded at the next connection, once you change the batteries (or battery source) and it powers back on.
- What’s the lowest signal reading that will allow the camera to still upload pictures?
Our cameras can connect and upload with as little as one bar of signal. If you are seeing any level, including Poor/Low signal, your EDGE is still capable of connecting and uploading pictures and/or videos.
- How does low signal impact the camera’s battery life?
Your cellular camera uses power to not only transmit, but to stay connected with a cellular signal. When a camera’s batteries are low, it has less power to stay connected. If the signal was weak to start with, then low batteries can make connections more troublesome.
A camera will often stay powered on longer in low signal conditions in order to successfully complete a connection/upload. In this case, it’s possible that your data could be re-transmitted if it failed to upload on the first attempt, creating more battery usage. Additionally, more energy is needed for an antenna to radiate longer distances in weaker signal areas if a tower is further away, or an obstacle is obstructing transmission or reception. When setting up your camera, follow these tips to make sure your camera can successfully connect:
- Activate your camera at home after adding it to your account. Make sure that your camera connects and send some test photos. Then turn the camera off and mount it on your next trip to the field.
- Before mounting the camera to a tree or post, power it on and press CONNECT a few times to send test pictures. Check your app for the pictures by pulling down from the top of the Gallery page to refresh it.
- As you receive your test photos, check the signal strength in the app. If it’s not connecting, or shows NONE for signal, you’ll need to move the camera to a different location for it to upload photos and videos.
- Check the signal after each connection from a different location to ensure you are in the best signal area.
UNDERSTANDING DAILY TEST IMAGE
Tired of wondering if your EDGE camera is connected? With Moultrie Mobile's Daily Test Image feature you can rest assured your camera is connecting and transmitting photos. Please see below for more information on this exciting feature.
- What is a Daily Test Image?
A new feature that will force your EDGE camera to take a daily photo, connect and upload it to your gallery.
- Does the Daily Test Image count against my monthly image count?
Yes, when enabled the Daily Test Image will count against your subscription plan.
- Am I required to use the Daily Test Image feature?
No, this feature is an option in your camera's settings.
- Does it matter what trigger mode/capture mode my camera is in?
No, your Daily Test Image will work independently of any capture or trigger modes. For example, if you have TIMELAPSE set, or are set to PHOTO+VIDEO, your camera will still send a Daily Test Image if enabled.
- If enabled, what time will the Daily Test Image be uploaded to my gallery?
Your EDGE will capture the picture between 12pm and 1pm local time. If you are set to immediate upload, the test image will be uploaded almost immediately. If your camera is set to upload at an interval (every 3, 6, 12 or 24 hours), your camera will upload the test image on the next scheduled connection.
- How do I enable the Daily Test Image?
From your gallery page, tap DEVICES and then tap the EDGE camera you'd like to receive the Daily Test Image from.
Next, tap SETTINGS and scroll down to the bottom of the settings page. There you will see the toggle for Daily Test Image. Toggle on and make sure to SAVE SETTINGS.
Still need more information? We’re here to help! Use the link below to Contact Us.