Not getting photos you think should be coming in from your EDGE series camera? Don’t worry - continue scrolling to find out why. Please note, the steps vary slightly between the app and website.
1. Ensure the camera is Active on your account. If the camera is active and connecting it will be listed under the Devices tab. If you do not see your EDGE listed under Devices then it hasn't been activated, or it hasn't successfully connected for the first time in order to report it's status.
2. Check the status and last connection date. If your camera is active but has been MORE than 25 hours since the last time it checked in, then you will need to reboot the camera itself to re-establish connection.
3. Ensure you have photos available on your plan. If you don't have an unlimited plan then you may have maxed out your photo allotment. If so, then you will stop receiving them until your monthly cycle resets, you upgrade your plan or purchase additional pictures. To view your available photos, tap the Devices tab, then tap the camera you wish to view and select Plan Info.
4. Ensure your signal is good. While your camera will transmit with a low signal, that can also be the reason your camera loses it's connection. Cellular signals aren't static and will fluctuate based on a range of environmental factors. If your camera loses connection and is not able to re-connect on it's own within 25 hours, you will need to reboot the camera.
5. Check your camera’s battery life. Small surges of power are required to connect and upload photos. If your battery life was on the lower end the last time in connected, be sure to to replace them with the recommended Moultrie or Energizer batteries, lithium or alkaline. Even though it has some power, it may not be enough to establish/maintain a connection in order to upload your photos.
6. Reset your gallery search filters. Double-check the search filters on your gallery page and reset them if necessary. If you have search parameters selected in your gallery, then you will only see those pictures. An active gallery search is identified by the red bubble on the filters tab. To clear the search filter, be sure and select Clear and then Apply. The red filter bubble should disappear.
7. Check your camera’s settings and upload frequency. For example, if your upload frequency is set to 1/Day, then you will only be receiving picture uploads one time per 24 hours. See below for how to find that setting option from the app.
8. Refresh your App. Slide your thumb down your phone’s screen from the gallery page to refresh. This will help pull down any pictures recently uploaded if they are available, and update any camera information that might have recently changed, like your camera's recent activity and current status. Or, if viewing from moultriemobile.com, simply click ‘Filters’ and then click ‘Reset’.
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the links below to Contact Us.